D&D Bugbear 5e: Considered as a giant humanoid, Bugbear is stronger than goblins and Hobgoblins. The creature speaks Goblin language and the whole body is covered with fur. Based on the Dethek script, the language later on incorporated Thorass alphabet.
|Armor Class||16 (Hide Armor, Shield)|
|Hit Points||27 (5d8+5)|
|Skills||Stealth +6, Survival +2|
|Senses||Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 10|
|Challenge||1 (200 XP)|
|STR15 (+2), DEX 14 (+2), CON 13 (+1), INT 8 (-1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 9 (-1),|
D&D Bugbear Statistics
|Challenge Rating||Bugbear, Bugbear chief|
D&D Bugbear Appearance
|Average Height||6’10” – 7’2″|
|Average Weight||250 – 300 lbs|
|Skin Color’s||Yellow to reddish brown|
|Hair Color’s||Brown, red|
|Eye Color’s||Orange, Yellow, red, brown, greenish white|
|Distinction’s||Large, hairy, wedge-shaped ears, heightened sense of smell, tough hide, claws, strong but nimble|
Bugbear 5eis similar to a hairy goblin with 7 feet height. It is named after their noses and claws that are akin to those of the sloth bears. Since the claws are not long or sharp, they use the armors to fight against the opponents in the battle field. In addition, they also use purloined gear to deliver killer punch to the enemies. Gear is not in a good state; therefore it is seldom used in the battle.Physical description:
According to experts, bugbear and goblins are descendants of Hobgoblins in the form of slave races. They serve as elite soldiers to save the kingdom.
The two most important attributes of behavior are dimwits and brutish. Bugbear 5e is a very short tempered creature and can easily fly into rages. They are prone to fight at the slightest of provocations however certain bugbears are adamant to overcome the issue due to the rewards earned from the virtue. In short, it is good to be calm while the anger incites evil and causes destruction. D&D 5e bugbear understands that the pleasures of ill tempers are short and would do more harm than good in the long run.
The creature enjoys the company of other goblinoids since the tribes made of Goblins and Bugbears are hated and other races try to wipe them out as quickly as possible. Some members of the D&D 5e bugbear race try to operate independently however the clans of the hobgoblins are not savages and more organized.
It is partially due to the reason that bugbears are vulnerable to low tempers and do not have to the patience to indulge in diplomacy. They prefer to resolve the disputes through violent means and bloodshed however negotiations are possible if they are overpowered. Due to hardships of life, D&D 5e bugbear becomes a survivor and is prepared for the worst. In battles, they can be used as barbarians.
The creatures are blessed with their own pantheons headed by the great Hruggek, the god of Violence and combat. It has massive physical features with 12 feet height and humungous fangs. One of the most important attributes of the God is that it wields a 10 feet morning star. After the battle, he used to sever the heads of his opponents as souvenirs. The morning star is an extremely potent weapon of the Gods as it resembles spiked club but with refinements. You would notice a head with 20 spikes protruding out of the surface. The weapon carries significant weight as it is not less than 20 kg. After the occurrence of the spell plagues the powers of the Hruggek is reduced significantly and now it serves to the God of Tyranny.
Bugbear D&D Traits:
Brute: It is a unique weapon designed to inflict one die of the damage when the bugbear strikes. The rating indicates the brute force of the character and the effectiveness of the weapon.
The bugbears are adept in living across diverse conditions. For instance, the average life span is similar to the humans because, the creature can live for 75 years. Since the character is an excellent barbarian, it is primarily a carnivore humanoid. One of the most favored climates for the creature is temperate climate. Cool showers and moderate temperature are ideal; conditions for the bugbears to settle down and enjoy the time. The favored terrain for the creature is underground because it wants to stay away from the dangers on the surface.
The bugbear can spring a nasty surprise over the creature as it hits the target with a ferocious attack. During the first round of combat, the assault magnifies and can bring extra7 damage. It is the unique attribute of the bugbear and makes the creature one of the most effective warriors in the battle.
- The creatures are masters of stealth in spite of having a intimidating body. Bug bear is known to wage guerilla warfare with the opponents. It kills the enemies with vengeance but flees from the zone of conflict if overpowered. The survival instinct of the race is extremely brilliant; therefore it is not easy to annihilate them from the material world.
- Bugbear is an excellent mercenary as it is not only reliable but also strongly committed towards the objectives. They are loyal of you provide them food, drink and treasure on a persistent basis however in case of life threats; the creatures could be the first ones to turn their back on you.
- A wounded bug bear is left to its own device by its companions. The same individual would help the opponents to track down his friends if spilling the beans could save his lives.
The weapon delivers 4 points on a single attack at a height of 5ft while piercing through the opponents can provide 11 points on a trot.
It is a ranged weapon with ferocious attacking power. A 5 ft height can easily clock 4 points. The range of 30 ft makes the bugbear an absolute winner in any battle.
City of the spider queen:
- Bugbear participates in the drow raids against Doggerdale. In response Randal morn summons the army to analyze the matter and protect the kingdom. The cult plays dirty tricks in galvanizing the natives of the outpost into enhanced activities against the inhabitants of the surface world.
- The adventure during the game traverses the cha caters through the lake of shadows, wailing cliff and Vournoths mire.
- Bugbear appears in different games and plays a very important role in accomplishing the mission. They are extremely dedicated soldiers but are not reliable in wake of sudden emergencies. You have to be always on the watch against extremely independent creatures because their flipping can alter the course of important battles.